Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Bible study leader can't come. Can you ...?

As I've said before, life in Uganda can be very interesting. Monday when I arrived for Bible study Rev. Gad contacted the leader for the day and found that she was unable to come. There is no planned text, so Rev. Gad asked if I had a text we could study! God brought to mind Jesus walking on water so we went through Matthew 14:23-33. As the members speak Runyoro and I speak English, Gad translated questions for the members and answers for me. It was quite an evening looking at those things in our lives that keep us in the boat like the 11 disciples instead of stepping out to Jesus as Peter did. Sometimes even the most negative attitudes and experiences can keep us from the fullness of life that Jesus promises those who will trust Him. As John Ortberg titled one of my favorite books: "If you want to walk on water, you've got to get out of the boat."

Blessings on your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment